[Phpgroupware-developers] external emails

From: Don Graver
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] external emails
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 06:02:22 -0700 (PDT)

I would like to develop a way so that a user can enter multiple email
addresses to a html 'text box' in the Calendar app when adding an
event.  This way the user is able to invite other people that are not
currently registered on the site.  I've done some research on how to
send an email, but not sure how to implement it and where.  What I
found was to use: $phpgw->send->msg.  Any recommendations on where to
begin would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I would prefer not to allow the email app to users, but I can't
seem to figure out how to give a user an external email address unless
I give them access to the email app.  For instance, if user-A adds an
event and user-B wants to be notified by email, it will currently
bounce b/c user-b doesn't have an account on the server.  The
registration app has an email field, but the db table phpgw_accounts
does not seem to have such a field.  I know the registration app is no
longer being maintained, but is there a downside to adding a
email_address field to the phpgw_accounts table?

If this has been discussed in previous threads I apologize, but I could
not find it.

-- Don