[Phpgroupware-developers] ACL and groups

From: Peter Moulding
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] ACL and groups
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 11:47:52 +1000

Perhaps someone could explain the way ACL and groups are supposed to
work. They seem to work in a way that is as spooky as shell scripting or
some of the things you see in Perl code.

I thought I would set the default group with access to addbook (that
wonderful new code) so everyone would have instant access. They did not.

Now I am confused. Even after my morning double shot skim cap, I still
do not see how the groups fit in.

If I put fred in group xxxx, does xxxx add to the default or replace the
default?

If I put fred in group xxxx and yyy, then give xxxx access to addbook
but not yyy, what does fred get?

I looked in some code and found inconsistencies. Which application is
the perfect example of how an application is supposed to use ACL?

Peter