[Phpgroupware-developers] cancel, save, done

From: Peter Moulding
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] cancel, save, done
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 12:01:48 +1000

Hello phpGroupWarers,
When I am looking at an update form, there is a wide range of buttons at
the bottom. Some have logical names like cancel, save, and done. Others
have only two or one buttons with confusing names. It looks like a good
area for consistency.

The browser's back button sometimes produces weird results so a back or
done button on the page makes sense.

The problem with 'back' is it suggests a return to an earlier stage in a
multiple page update. If I create a trouble ticket then add details,
back should take me back before the update to the trouble ticket but
that would then cause loss of data.

'done' does not indicate whether the page will complete with an update
or be cancelled.

Having 'cancel update' and 'save update' make a lot of sense. They are
precise and clear.

What are the recommendations for phpGroupWare apps?

Peter