Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] offtopic: mozilla xmlrpc to phpgw sample (

From: Don Smith
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] offtopic: mozilla xmlrpc to phpgw sample (attached (really))
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 22:43:56 -0400

This is the substance of the differences

Don Smith wrote:

> So how can i programatically send the headers without them being
> requested through xpcom (called via javascript) my goal here is to in
> some way get phpgroupware interfacing with mozilla, and while i have
> been able to login, using xmlrpc, because phpgroupware will not send a
> 401 the headers never get sent (i've checked with a sniffer) i was
> told this was a problem with the actual httpchannel and was wondering
> if this isn't the right place to ask where is?
>
> many thanks
>
> don smith

well, if the server requires authentication and it isn't sending back a
401, then it is broken.  that said, you can call
nsIHttpChannel::SetRequestHeader to explicitly set an Authorization
header if you have access to the nsIHttpChannel, but it just seems
really odd to me that a server wouldn't send a 401.  from the point of
view of user privacy, it is usually best to avoid sending auth
credentials before a server has challenged the browser.  however, we do
automatically send auth credentials if the URL matches the domain of an
already challenged URL to which the user has explicitly allowed his
username:password to be sent.

darin