Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] offtopic: mozilla xmlrpc to phpgw sample (

From: Buchan Milne
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] offtopic: mozilla xmlrpc to phpgw sample (attached (really))
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 20:21:08 +0200

I finally got around to testing this (now that I have mozilla 0.9.9 and
phpgw 0.9.14rc1 running on the same network ...), and have successfully
seen it log in.

Don, have you worked on this any further than when you posted this to
the phpgw list (20 Feb)?

To the phpgw developers, is there an up-to-date reference on using the
xml-rpc interface?

I am wondering if it is possible (well, I am sure it is possible) and
feasible in a decent timeframe to add support to the mozilla calendar to
be able to show phpgw events, and possibly even show calendars of other
phpgw users (aiming more or less at a Star Schedule with Star Schedule
server-type functionality).

Unfortunately I haven't tried my hand at xul yet, and my JS is a bit
rusty ...

If we can get this working, and Bryan Johnson's work on palm conduits
(which I haven't got around to trying yet) working via xml-rpc, we would
be able to provide quite a decent solution.

For those of you who don't know, Mozilla is shaping up quite well, and
once you add a few more components (like the calendar from
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar, Enigmail from
http://enigmail.mozdev.org, the spell-checker which uses the OO.o
myspell, from http://spellchecker.mozdev.org, and the search bar from
http://easysearch.mozdev.org), it gets even better!

Don Smith wrote:
| This is a very very rough sample, but it demonstrates mozilla logging in
| and out of phpgw ( you can see the sessions in phpgw be created and
| closed) the basic authentication still dosen't work, so no actual
| messages besides login and logout work (mozilla waits to hear from the
| server before appending the header, and since phpgw will just send an
| unauthorized xmlrpc message it just dosen't work)
|
| there's also a little bit in there on adding entries to the mozilla
| adressbook, but  that's not really been worked on
|
| all the files are in one zip file, just expand it into
| $mozilla_home/chrome/packages/core/
| and then nav to it with chrome://core/packages/xulphpgw.xul
| make sure to turn off the xul cache in mozilla, and when it asks for the
| url you must include the xmlrpc.php at the end
|
| As i'm not subscribed to the list, please send all responses to
| address@hidden
|
| many thanks
|
| don smith

- --
Cellphone * Work            +27 82 472 2231 * +27 21 8828820x202
GPG Key                       http://ranger.dnsalias.com/gpg.key