RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Timecard recording

From: Bob Schader
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Timecard recording
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:30:27 -0500

Jason,
I have a few questions about some of your errors you
received. I have cut out any of the others for now. My
current goal is to try and get PostgreSQL running on
Windows so I can do some testing myself.

Cut warnings for now.
> > --
> >
> > timetrack itself:
> >
> > "In/Out" link and "Check In" button have no effect

1: In/Out and Check In depend on User Profile entries having
been created. Did you perform the secondary setup step after
logging in as an admin user and adding timetrack to your
"run" applications (go to Admin->Timetrack->Site Setup)?
This step is currently required to take care of setup steps
that I currently am not able to do in the setup api for.
This extra step currently creates 2 groups, "Ttrack_Managers"
and "TTrack_Payroll", adds employee_profile records for all
users, also giving them the timetrack run acl, and it also
attempts to populate the Customers list with Org_Names from
the Addressbook table. You should be able to still run this
Site Setup link even if it has already been done once, as checks
are performed to bypass steps if the data is already present.

This info should have been printed when you ran setup to install
Timetrack, but I suppose I could put it in BOLD type. I would
love to make this all part of setup if anyone has any suggestions
on how to access the regular phpgw api from setup.

> > "New Job" link - no Submit button (Popup calendar is cool)

2: Let me know if you still get this error after taking care of
#1 above. If you do still get it, try viewing the source for
the page, you might see a parse error that doesn't show up on
the browser view. Let me know the error if so.

> > Editing Customer works.  Viewing Customer works, except Web
> Site and FTP Site append http:// and ftp:// respectively, which breaks
> links that were entered with http:// or ftp://.

3: Adding http:// and ftp:// was supposed to be a FEATURE. Perhaps
I could change it to either strip those prefixes from the fields
or pre-add them to the fields so users know they are there already
(like addressbook).

4. I used to have a Groups display, but disabled it due to
api changes. Might be added back in later.

> > Editing my profile with "Your Profile" reports "Your
> profile has been updated", but the information does not show
> up in "View
> Profiles", and the fields are not filled on the resulting
> page after hitting Submit.

5. This is probably due to the Site Setup link not being run
in order to create the profiles. If you belong to the
Ttrack_Managers or Ttrack_Payroll groups, there will also be
an extra menu item called "Edit Profiles", which will automatically
create default profiles for users that don't already have them.

Finally:
Timetrack uses ISO 8601 style date fields, which PostgreSQL
does support, but you may have to execute a SET DATESTYLE = ISO
command on your database server to set it properly, although
PostgreSQL's docs say it is supposed to be the default date mode.

There may be errors running the Site Setup code in PostgreSQL,
please let me know what happens. The only area I expect this
might happen would be in the populating Customers table from
Addressbook.

Bob Schader