pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] About Gnu-PDFlib and Poppler

From: Terje Bråten
Subject: [pdf-devel] About Gnu-PDFlib and Poppler
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 21:34:22 +0100

Hi PDF developers.

I was wondering, do Gnu-PDFlib and Poppler share some of the same code?
I guess since both are free software projects I guess it would be no
problem to "borrow" code from each other?

Are there at least some plans to provide some of the same API as poppler
for the application layer? It would be good if someone that wanted to
change from poppler to Gnu-PDFlib did have to change too much.

Would it speed up development of PDFlib if this project just copied some
code from poppler? Has anyone thought about that?

Well. I am just throwing my thoughts out there. I hope this project will
take off and have some more developers soon. I guess the hard thing for
this project is that as long it is no code for regular users to run and
try, only unfinished library code, it is hard to get traction as an free
software project where many want to contribute.

God bless you.

Terje B.