pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Streams: encryption filter

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Streams: encryption filter
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 19:45:55 +0200

   I want to help in the project and i saw that in Next is "Streams:
   Encryption Filter". It was 3 years ago of C programming but i know a
   lot about encryption in Java. What methods of encryption do you need?
   I want to try to implement in C.

There are two encryption algorithms used in PDF files (for both
document-level de/encryption and for specific streams crypt filters):

- The RC4 proprietary algorithm that we cannot implement.
- The AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) algorithm.

The first step is to try to find a suitable implementation of the AES
algorithm that we could use. It should be written in C and its license
should be GPLv3-compatible. Do you know of a such implementation? If
not, how difficult would be to write one?