pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Streams: encryption filter

From: Francisco Javier Rodríguez Gallego
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Streams: encryption filter
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 20:19:41 +0200

Hi,

Thanks for the link, I began to read the specification.
I am sure that AES is already implemented and the source is avaliable
but I don't know about the license.

Here is the specification of AES:
http://csrc.nist.gov/CryptoToolkit/aes/rijndael/
and this is the coding in Java:
http://www.progressive-coding.com/tutorial.php?id=0
But this last must be change to not cipher
blocks(http://www.progressive-coding.com/tutorial.php?id=3) and cipher
as streams, to implement the filter, but stream cipher is more
susceptible to attacks if it is not well implemented. I am going to
test in C.

About RC4 i saw this mplementation and it is not recomended in new
systems: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RC4