pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] An interesting PDF free library

From: raskolnikov
Subject: [pdf-devel] An interesting PDF free library
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 18:44:01 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

While reading a bit about Scribus I have found a free software PDF library
which I think that we have not taken into account: PoDoFo
(http://podofo.sourceforge.net/index.html)

The difference from the rest of PDF libraries that we have reviewed is
that is content creation and manipulation oriented. It is written in C++
and as far as I've seen in the example found in the web page it seems easy
to use. You can read a positive review of the app here:
http://rants.scribus.net/2006/12/10/pdf-surgery/. Oh, and it uses CMake
instead of GNU Autotools.

I don't know if it is very useful for us becouse our goals are probably a
bit wider, but at least it is insteresting to have some reference point.