partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] Connect 2 PartySIP servers

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] Connect 2 PartySIP servers
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:43:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Nguyen Dac Viet Dung wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to Connect 2 PartySIP proxies and trying to make call from 2
> UAC through the proxies. We built PartySIP in Windows 2000 Server
> environment.
> 1. How can I setup configuration to make the authentication between 2
>    proxy? It means that how can the first proxy response to the second
>    proxy about user and password when the first receive 407 response? I
>    see your filter plug-in, but it is not for Win32.

Not possible.

> 2. I set authentication off on the second PartySIP. When we make the
>    phone, I recognized that PartySIP never forward ACK and always
>    silently drop it.  I set record-route on and set outbound proxy in my
>    2 UAC to the 2 proxies. The process till 180 (Ringing) is OK, but
>    when we pickup the phone, the 2 UAC cannot exchange ACK through the 2
>    proxies so that the call cannot happen. I already tried to #define
>    SUPPORT_FOR_BROKEN_UA, but things are the same. How can I configure
>    our proxies to resolve this problem?

First:
partysip should not receive any ACK if record-route is not set.
partysip should forward the ACK if record-route is set.

SUPPORT_FOR_BROKEN_UA is not supposed to work in any situations... Its
behavior is unpredictable...

> I attached here my configuration file

It would be easier to get the log files from the 2 running partysip.