pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Attn Andrew, Steve - report on your versions of 0.140

From: Dick Baker
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Attn Andrew, Steve - report on your versions of 0.140
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 11:27:54 -0800

OK, now that I've shown that I can send to the group via the listserv, here's the note I've tried to send five times now:

Good news, but a bizarre new problem.

First, the binary uploading problem is fixed--you can see my test uploads at alt.binaries.test2, subject line starting with my name.

The bizarre new problem is my inability to send this message within the newsgroup using Pan. I tried three times last night and twice again today, and all failed.

Last night's first two efforts were from Steve's new 216 build. Both times that I tried to send the note, I got a warning from Pan about top-posting and told it to Continue Anyway. Then I got an error message from Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." And then Pan crashed.

Thinking that the 216 build might be at fault, I ran Andrew's earlier version and tried the same message. This time I got the top-posting warning but no alert from Runtime, and the message *seemed* to have been sent. But it never showed up.

So I tried one more time in build 216 a few minutes ago. This time I did not get the top-posting warning from Pan (why not?), but I did get the error from Runtime and the Pan crash. Then I tried again in Andrew's earlier build. No warning about top-posting, message seemed to go out OK, but it never showed up on the server or came back to me in email.

Does this all make any sense?