pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.99999999999999

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.99999999999999
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:58:47 +0000 (UTC)

robby posted on Fri, 17 Jun 2011 05:35:13 +0000 as excerpted:

> I have no idea how that showed up as part of my sig. Have to make a new
> pot of French Market coffee and ponder about it.

... Because anything posted below the sig delimiter ("-- " on its own
line) is considered sig, by pan.  Since you posted not only below the the
quote (thanks) but below the sig as well...

FWIW, the same thing happens when people use clients that use the
"original post" thing at the top, instead of properly ">" marking
quotes.  If the "original post" they quote has a delimited sig, and they
reply under it, since the delimiter is "-- " and not ">-- " because their
client doesn't ">" quote, again, everything below that "-- " looks like
sig to pan.