pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.99999999999999

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.99999999999999
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 14:06:53 +0000 (UTC)

robby posted on Fri, 17 Jun 2011 04:39:44 +0000 as excerpted:

> I am running Mint 9, 10 and 11, found the ppa for pan, and have
> installed the 0.135 release on all three.  Something I found via dumbly
> searching through synaptic was that on the earlier releases, if I
> installed "yydecode"
> I could get the multi-part jpg and others to display when downloaded.

FWIW, it shouldn't require them for that.  It'd either be a hard
dependency, pulled in when pan is installed, or not required, as pan's
decoding is built-in.  (I haven't looked in awhile, but IIRC it includes
its own slightly modified copy of IDR which decode library in the
sources, statically linked.  That's a bit of a no-no as apps are supposed
to use the system lib for ease of maintenance and security update
purposes, but the pan-bundled copy is modified for pan's own use, so it
had to be included.  All the other libs pan depends on are system libs,
tho, including the ones used to actually display the images.)