pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Problem syncing two copies of Pan

From: Joe Zeff
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Problem syncing two copies of Pan
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 10:04:45 -0700

On 07/08/2010 01:02 AM, Duncan wrote:
It's the newsrcs that track read messages, tho, and servers.xml that
specified which newsrc file corresponds to which server, so it's gotta be
something to do with those files, whatever the problem is.

No, whoever it was a year ago, it wasn't me. I started this by installing Pan on my laptop, then using rsync to copy ~/.pan2 from the desktop to the laptop. When I used the laptop the first time, it downloaded the morning's messages again, but I thought it was just because I'd failed to use -r. The newsrc and servers.xml files were both copied from my desktop, and should have been identical on both machines until I used Pan again, modifying newsrc. When I got home, I made sure to use -avr to get all subdirectories, but it didn't do any good. Is there some reason it might not have copied newsrc properly?