pan-users

[Pan-users] Error saving large JPEG image

From: Paul Crawford
Subject: [Pan-users] Error saving large JPEG image
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 18:50:15 +0100

While ideally browsing for "gentlemanly entertainment" I happen across an image in alt.binaries.erotica.blondes (Not Safe For Work, just to warn you, and probably copyrighted as well) that pan reports as:

This article has all 3 parts.

This is a 2667 x 4000 pixel image, 1.8MB in size that renders correctly in pan's viewer, but the image is then corrupted (used here in the technical, rather than moral, sense) in 3 banded regions if saved to disk. Rather as if pan has dropped/inserted the odd byte or two in combining the parts. I have seen this on other large images as well.

Are there any known bugs (and ideally fixes) that could explain this? It is most odd it works OK in pan but not when saved.

Using pan 0.133 compiled on my Ubuntu box.

Regards,
Paul