pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Error saving large JPEG image

From: Paul Crawford
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Error saving large JPEG image
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 22:07:29 +0100

Per Hedeland wrote:
Pan's decode-for-viewing is completely separate from the
decode-for-saving - the former uses gmime stuff (I fixed some bugs with
the opposite problem, i.e. saving worked but viewing didn't, in the
past).

Can you tell me where in the code each is done? That way I *might* just be able to fix this.

I assume that there is some good reason for this rather strange
arrangement, but don't remember if I figured it out. I guess it would
not be a very good idea to decode e.g. big movies into memory (what
gmime does), nor to decode things that really will be displayed into a
file and loading it afterwards - and maybe there is no single package
that can do either/or.

Yes, I can see why you need several different approaches to decoding.

Regards,
Paul