pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Problems with some replies

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Problems with some replies
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 23:29:59 +0000 (UTC)

Jim Henderson <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Mon, 15 Dec 2008 18:03:21
+0000:

> Could be, or it could be that they had a problem with a spammer using
> pan and blocked it using the postfilter - though usually, the spambots
> use custom software that helpfully identifies itself as such.

Well, that he can do original posts and initial followups, just not
"deep" followups, doesn't seem to jive with the spammer idea too well.
If it was that I'd think they'd kill posting entirely with pan.

That's why I'm leaning toward the bayesian thing.  Something that pan is
hitting more or less as a completely unintended side effect.  Of course,
if a spammer is using pan and the bayesian filter is keying in on that...
then a single occurrence might not increase the score enough to kill the
post, while multiple occurrences do.

BTW, I still have a long post on the thread to go thru and reply to...
Real life, etc... getting in the way.