pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Problems with some replies

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Problems with some replies
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 19:10:45 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 09:53:58 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> OK, this is definitely progress (and what I was referencing with all
> those "below" references above)!  It does confirm we're on the right
> trail! However, as you note below, manually changing each one is a HUGE
> pain! Once we figure out what's being filtered in a bit more detail,
> hopefully we can either avoid it (that's what I'm hoping happens with
> the use-message-id toggle test I suggested above), or have enough info
> to present to your ISP as a reasonable request to get them to modify
> their filters.

IIRC, isn't RFC-compliant usage of the References header to use the root
message in the thread (as best the client can determine), the message
being replied to, and the parent to that?

If so, the provider limiting references to 2 is not RFC compliant
(except, obviously, for root messages and replies to the root message).

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson