pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Problems with some replies

From: Joe Zeff
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Problems with some replies
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 16:47:16 -0800

On 12/13/2008 HarryB wrote:
After a couple of moments of silence, she asked if I could please spell that for her, which I did. Hey, I even know what NNTP stands for, but that didn't help her either.

Then I made a colossal mistake because I mentioned that I am running Pan under Linux. I was informed that Bellsouth doesn't offer tech support for Linux.

<set mode="rant">
I'm not surprised. I did Tier II support for an ISP for over seven years, and watched the qualifications and abilities of the "phone firewall" go steadily down hill. Today, if it's not on their cheat sheet, they generally have no idea what to do, nor any interest in finding out, because it won't get them any more pay. My advice is, if you must call them again, tell them that you just need the answer to one technical question and will figure out how to make it work on your own. You might -- might, mind you -- get a tech that is actually both willing and able to tell you what you need, but it will probably be a lead or manager.
</rant>

--
Joe Zeff
If you can't play with words, what good are they?