pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan error part_mid_buf_len' failed.

From: Keith Richie
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan error part_mid_buf_len' failed.
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 17:07:00 +0000

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 3:35 PM, walt <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 00:40:36 +0000, Keith Richie wrote:
>
>  > On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 12:31 AM, walt
>  > <address@hidden> wrote:

>  >> > jpeg/image
>  >>  > display error. Where sometimes images would only display the first
>  >>  > part.
>
>  >>  Yes, I know that bug very well but AFAIK the patches were applied only
>  >>  by some binary distributors and not committed to svn.  Anyone know for
>  >>  sure? (That patch is no longer needed, BTW.)
>
>  > It's no longer needed because it was merged into svn. As I posted above
>  > ;)
>
>  Ah, we're discussing two different patches for two different bugs.  I
>  forgot that this multi-part jpeg problem showed up twice for different
>  reasons.  This is the patch that never was committed and is now no
>  longer needed:
>  http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=96917
>

>  > I'm using 0.132 from CVS with the image and nzb patch included.
>  >
>  > ^^ Stated the patches were included. But I guess someone could interpret
>  > that as me saying I patched it myself.
>
>  Indeed, pan cvs includes every patch that has ever been committed, so any
>  mention of patches I take to mean *un*committed patches.  Very logical :o)

Sorry for the confusion Walt ;)

Here's a tasks.nzb that gives the error. It's tar.bz2 (1.08mb)
uncompressed it's ~24mb in size.
http://www.mediafire.com/?1ucjbnpdx71

These are not the same posts I had issues with before. I just entered
a large binary group, started selecting things, then closed Pan, and
attempted to re-open it.

It should be noted, the first error occured on a 64bit system. This
error is with my 32bit system.
$ pan
pan: parts.cc:244: void pan::Parts::set_parts(const pan::PartBatch&):
Assertion `pch == part_mid_buf + part_mid_buf_len' failed.
0a353cec-3387-b5a2-63ed5c28-1283332b is dumped

After loading the headers, I unchecked [online] in the pan tasks. Went
through and selected all kinds of stuff. Closed pan. Attempted to
launch pan from the command line.