pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Download headers from more than one group at a time?

From: jef_e
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Download headers from more than one group at a time?
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 19:42:58 -0500

Duncan wrote:

> Being able to select more than a single group at a time, and thus to
> get new headers for more than a single group at a time (among other
> operations), without getting headers for all, is a fairly heavily
> requested feature.

Is it really related to the selection though? The behavior happens when
I select them one at a time and tell Pan to get headers. It seems to me
it's just Pan's choice of prioritizing things at this point, and
deciding to serialize the tasks since we're talking about Pan's
communication with the server at this point......

-- editing myself as I type this --

One thing strikes me as what the issue might be --  is the dynamic
updating of the group's article count that happens during header
download the killer here? Does that stop more than one group from being
updated at one time?

Maybe I'm in the minority, but since I always get all headers anyhow
(Heck, new Pan hasn't choked on any header count I have thrown at it in
quite some time now :) ), this feature really does me no good. I'd
rather be able to spread out my server connections to grab more headers
than know how many I've gotten while I wait.

jef