pan-users

RE: [Pan-users] Looking for NNTP relay software

From: Stefan Holmes
Subject: RE: [Pan-users] Looking for NNTP relay software
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 00:19:37 -0000

Wouldn't it be better if computer 1 ran an nntp server which computer 2
could then connect to?

As you say, Robert, there's going to be an issue whereby computers 1 and 2
will have to negotiate the maximum number of sockets they will each use. Not
much of a problem if the server supports 10 connections, but most (mine
included) allow just 4 (though I managed to negotiate 8 with mine, after
much argument).