pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Download headers from more than one group at a time?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Download headers from more than one group at a time?
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:21:18 +0000 (UTC)

jef_e <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun, 26 Nov
2006 17:58:35 -0500:

> I didn't see anything in preferences.xml to note this as an option, and I
> also don't see it noted over at bugzilla when searching for 'headers'.
>
> It seems that new Pan (0.119) will only grab headers from one group at a
> time. Selecting to get headers from a second group supersedes the first
> group, which gets bumped down the task list to be finished later. Am I
> missing something, and does anyone think this is worth opening as a
> bug/feature request?

Being able to select more than a single group at a time, and thus to
get new headers for more than a single group at a time (among other
operations), without getting headers for all, is a fairly heavily
requested feature.  Charles says it's going to require a bit of serious
coding to do it, however, so at first he was reluctant.  However, enough
folks added their vote to the same multi-group-select bug that it's now
definitely on the list for 1.1, says Charles.  (As I've said frequently
lately, we are in very deep feature freeze right now until after the
release of 1.0 stable, which should be any time and was expected before
now but there were some tough bugs that showed up to be fixed, first.)