pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Start up error on 0.111

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Start up error on 0.111
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 19:37:26 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 16:34:27 -1000, Kevin Brammer wrote:

> On 9/8/06, Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:

>> If you /must/ use HTML in your posts...

> Damnit, it wasn't supposed to be HTML.  I don't know why gmail keeps
> changing back and forth.  I send all emails as text, so there's no
> reason why it would be on HTML...

This seems to be a recurring problem with gmail users (of which I am
one).  I was poking around in the gmail web interface trying to find
any way of changing the posting style, and the only thing I found is
the item just under the "attach file" icon in the 'compose' window
which allows you to switch between 'plain text' and 'rich formatting'.

This is a confusing interface design, IMO, because it represents
'what I want' rather than 'what I have now'.  The default 'compose'
window displays the prominent 'rich formatting' near the top, which
might easily be misinterpreted to mean 'I am now composing with rich
formatting' when it really means 'click here to use rich formatting'.

Dunno, just a thought.