pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Start up error on 0.111

From: Kevin Brammer
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Start up error on 0.111
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 16:34:27 -1000

On 9/8/06, Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:
"Kevin Brammer" <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted
below, on  Thu, 07 Sep 2006 18:12:00 -1000:

> Ideas?<br>Whenever I try to start PAN now, I get the
> morning before I left for work. Now this.&nbsp; :\
> Pan-users mailing list

If you /must/ use HTML in your posts, please at least don't do it in the
pan groups.  HTML posts are considered by many to be the domain of
spammers and crackers, so there's a reason pan doesn't support them, and
as you can see from the above quote, they aren't pleasant to look at using
pan or other non-HTML clients as well.

Damnit, it wasn't supposed to be HTML.  I don't know why gmail keeps
changing back and forth.  I send all emails as text, so there's no
reason why it would be on HTML.

To your problem...  assuming you didn't leave a system update going when
you left for work or that your general system isn't otherwise different
now than it was when it worked, you've probably somehow corrupted the pan
database.  You can rename your ~/.pan2 dir (the default location, the .
beginning the filename will hide the dir by default) and pan should work
normally, recreating the directory when it starts, but you'll lose your
configuration, cache, and read message memory.

[snipped]

I tried all that already, and moving .pan2 did work.  So, I moved it
back and starting digging.  Removing the tasks.nzb file seemed to
resolve the problem.  I'm not sure if PAN wasn't clearing out
completed tasks or what.

Kevin