pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Start up error on 0.111

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Start up error on 0.111
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 04:47:10 +0000 (UTC)

"Kevin Brammer" <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted
below, on  Fri, 08 Sep 2006 16:34:27 -1000:

> [M]oving .pan2 did work.  So, I moved it back and starting digging.
> Removing the tasks.nzb file seemed to resolve the problem.  I'm not sure
> if PAN wasn't clearing out completed tasks or what.

It probably got corrupted somehow, as simply unfinished tasks shouldn't
have phased pan -- it should have just started right back downloading or
whatever.

Then again, maybe something else caused pan's initial crash, and it
crashed while it was loading the tasks file so that's what corrupted it.
Then the corrupted tasks files caused the repeated crashing, even after
whatever the original problem was disappeared.

(This is assuming your last working pan session closed normally, not with
a crash, so it shouldn't have been the reason for a corrupted file.)