pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: [OT] Gmime

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: [OT] Gmime
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:47:07 +0000 (UTC)

Yavor Doganov <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 15
Aug 2006 15:50:12 +0300:

> On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:43:01 +0000, Duncan wrote:
>
>> The "g" in gmime is either GNU (as in GNU Public License, the GPL)
> [...]
>
> It is called GNU General Public License, so the "G" in the GPL stands
> for "General".

I knew that.  Doh! I think I can safely blame that one on lack of sleep,
given I had about an hour, that day, and about the same the previous day.
=8^(

>> The gmime libraries are a common dependency on Linux [...]
>
> You certainly mean GNU/Linux here, not the Linux kernel.  Besides this
> your explanation is good, thanks.

But simply "Linux" in the common parlance.  Otherwise, to be fair, given
KDE as the graphical desktop environment, but using GTK for pan, I'd
certainly have to say pan/GTK/KDE/x.org/GNU/Linux, to cover
app/toolkit/DE/graphical-platform/OS-utils/kernel, application stack order
from app to kernel.

I agree with Stallman in most cases, even giving him my sig-quote,
but this isn't one of them.