pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Pan Newbie - Signatures and Servers question

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Pan Newbie - Signatures and Servers question
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 01:42:49 -0700

Travis posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,
on Sun, 22 May 2005 14:22:41 -0700:

> I wanted to know where in my computers file structure should I put the
> .sig file?  Should it be a .txt file or .sig file?

It doesn't really matter, since you can point PAN to whatever file you
choose, and the content is plain text.  As previously mentioned, it can
even be an executable, such as the random or cycling sig generator
executables.

Here, I keep a special dir under the ~/.pan dir, named sigs, parallel to
the data dir pan stores everything else in.  If you use the same sigs in
your mailer, you can simply point PAN at the sig file that uses.

The extension is up to you.  I have mine in a *.txt file, denoting it's
text, but others may prefer *.sig, denoting it's a text file with a
special purpose.  Others may choose *.signature, or no extension, just
calling it signature, or name it after the type of sig such that mine
below might be in a file called lists-stallman-free.