pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan Newbie - Signatures and Servers question

From: Travis
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan Newbie - Signatures and Servers question
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 14:45:35 -0700

---- Original Message ----
From: "Tim Kynerd" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2005 13:43

Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:

Hi list - using Pan 0.14.2 on Fedora Core 3.
I've set my signature file in my Posing Profile but it doesn't
appear in my posts. How do I fix that?
Secondly, can Pan connect to the secure Netscape news server on
Port 563? I tried setting this up, but nothing happened.

Thanks!

I had a problem with this a while back, and it turned out that I'd
accidentally set my .sig as executable. If that's the case, Pan
tries (correctly) to execute your .sig file and then uses the
output as your signature, rather than using the contents of the
.sig file. Could that be your problem too?

Where is the .sig file set?

Where do I enter my news server info? I already have it set for my ISP's news server but if I wanted to change it I can't find where it is now some months after I originally set Pan up.

Thanks.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington