pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Xandros 3.0 (debian)

From: Lenroc
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Xandros 3.0 (debian)
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 01:38:18 -0700

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 19:13:58 -0800, Travis wrote:

> Thank you for the help, but why would I want to add something that is
> unstable?  Stability is one of the reasons I wanted to see if I could
> learn to navigate Linux.  If I want unstable I can stick with windows.

As Jim (likely more elegantly) explained, "Unstable" in the Debian Linux
world means rock-solid compared to Windows, but perhaps not bulletproof
enough to run your Nuclear Submarine on.

Desktop users (and you are one) generally want to use Unstable so they can
get the newer versions of their favorite programs. Server admins like
Stable, so the bugs are more likely to be known.

--
Lenroc