pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Xandros 3.0 (debian)

From: Travis
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Xandros 3.0 (debian)
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 20:37:50 -0800

---- Original Message ----
From: "Jim Reiss" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 20:08

A question about you mail before this one.  I know where pan is, I
installed it in windows.

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I thought the whole
purpose for this thread was to get pan installed on Xandros.

Yes I do want to install pan but I want the 0.14.2 version that supports yEnc.

You said in response to me....
"Did I say there was an easier way? Yes, and there is. It can all be done from within Xandros Networks, without having to go to the command line to run apt-get manually. Open XN (Xandros Networks), then click on Edit
-> Set Application Sources, then enable the Debian Unsupported site.
Once that's done, the expanded universe of programs will be available to
XN to find and install."

If I read this correctly, there's an option to add Debian Unstable to the Xandros Networks tool, and once you add that source you should be
able to find and download pan.
After I sent this I realized I shouldn't have said unstable...it could be that the "Debian Unsupported" option adds testing rather than unstable.
I do think it should be safe to assume it wouldn't add the stable
distribution, so it should be the latest pan either way.

You said to add the "Debian Unsupported" via Xandros Networks tool and then it would find pan. I already know where pan is. I installed it under windows. I still want to install pan uinder Xandros I just don't know how. Like I said many times before I know NOTHING about Linux or how to do anything with/in it.

Thank you for trying to help me.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington