pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Can't use Mail-To -field

From: Super Donkey
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Can't use Mail-To -field
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 02:20:08 +0200

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 23:11:07 +0300, Anssi Porttikivi wrote:

> I am running Debian Sarge with Linux 2.6.7 and Pan  0.14.2.91. Everytime
> I specify an address in a Mail-To field of a newsgroup follow-up message
> the sending fails:
>
> 'Email send failed.  Check Tools|Log Viewer for more information.  Your
> message was saved in the folder "pan.sendlater"'

I'm using the same version as you and I'm using gmane to read the
mailingists of many projects. I also got that error. But then I checked in
the menu: Edit --> Preferences --> Apps & Mail and then enter your smtp
settings.

But the bitch is that you will still have to enter each time you
post/reply the mailinglist addres. I wonder if the use .newsrc option in
the nntp server options in Pan allows you to enter a set mailto address
based on certain rules. Else an autocompleting combobox (like the
browsers) would be good enough.