pan-users

[Pan-users] reading headers efficiently due to bandwidth limitation

From: mansh9 mansh9
Subject: [Pan-users] reading headers efficiently due to bandwidth limitation
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 11:39:06 -0400

Hi Fellow PAN users,

A Newbie looking for some help:

. My ISP has limited the NNTP bandwidth so I do not have the luxury to download large number of headers quickly anymore (some of my preferred groups has more than a million headers), is there a way to pre screen files to download, i.e. only download certain headers which match selection criteria?

. Is there a way to control how many header PAN download each time, I figure if I can limit download to a reasonable 300K each, then for a 1.2 Milion header newsgroup, I would do it 4 times. Reason behind this is when I try download too many headers, after 8-10 hours, PAN just close and after I re-start, it will download for a few hours, then close again, may be I need to set a switch somewhere.

. Can I batch PAN to download files automatically if it meets a certain selection criteria? i.e. command line or through a script file?

Thanks in advance

Check out Election 2004 for up-to-date election news, plus voter tools and more! http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx