[Openvortex-dev] driving me nuts!

From: Chris Lack
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] driving me nuts!
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:17:09 -0500

Sometimes there is just enough information out there to really drive me
up the wall.  From what I understand the 8810 and 8830 models are
capable of digital out.
http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=AU8830-4CH-N for example
has some 8830's with "SPDIF Digital Output on card".  I believe I've
also seen where the MX300's apparently need a daughter board for SPDIF
functionality?  Do all 8830's need a duaghter board for SPDIF out?  On
this particular card the picture shows four jacks which would be front,
rear, mic and line, right?  Are one of these similar to the coaxial
spdif out jacks on sb lives that serve a dual purpose?

Is the ac3-passthrough working correctly on the cards with spdif?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can enlighten me on this subject.

Chris