Re: [Openvortex-dev] Alsa 0.9.4 merge

From: Ryan Underwood
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Alsa 0.9.4 merge
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:46:57 -0500

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 03:16:46AM -0500, Callum Lerwick wrote:

> Some quick notes:
>
> Pulled CVS right after 0.9.4 merge, applied Ryan's patches. 3D effect
> works now, ext amp has no effect on my 8830, quad sound still doesn't
> work, I see no switch for it, though it probably didn't patch properly.
> What does PCM Out Path & Mute mean? Pre 3D and post 3D, something to do
> with cheezy 3D effect? Seems to have no effect. This setting is in
> windows ac97mixer too.

Hmm, can you diff your alsa-kernel/pci/ac97/ac97_codec.c with the
original and verify that the 4-speaker stereo support actually made it
into there?  It works fine for me and I can't see a reason why it
wouldn't work (doesnt mean there isn't one....)

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253