Re: [Openvortex-dev] Alsa 0.9.4 merge

From: Ryan Underwood
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Alsa 0.9.4 merge
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:04:26 -0500

Hi Marc,

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 01:18:47AM +0200, Marc Heerdink wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-06-15 at 23:20, Jeff Muizelaar wrote:
> > I just committed a merge of alsa 0.9.4. Please test.
>
> Compiles fine, runs fine. The external ampiflier is by default disabled,
> I guess it won't do anything but good if it's enabled by default.

Well, the "proper" place as far as the overall ALSA structure goes is to
set the default value in ac97_patches.c in the alsa ac97 subtree.  We
could also sort of kludge it and set the default value in au88x0_mixer.c
but I think doing it on the actual ac97 support would be a little more
consistent (i.e. it would be the default value on any card with a
stac9708 codec, not just the au88x0 cards)... what do you think?

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253