openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] Photoshop Windows Binary Requires Extra DLL?

From: Andrew Chapman
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] Photoshop Windows Binary Requires Extra DLL?
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:51:09 +0000

Dan Lemmon wrote:

I tried to install the precompiled OpenEXR Plugin for Photoshop on Windows, but I get the following error when I launch Photoshop:

It looks like that version of the plugin was built in debug mode, you should rebuild it in release mode, or you could run the debug one on a machine that has had MSVC installed.

AFAIK, the debug version of the MSCV DLLs are not legally redistributable.

Aside from the missing DLL problem, any debug build is going to run a lot slower than a release one.

--
Andrew Chapman
Senior Technical Director - Framestore CFC