Re: [Openexr-devel] Multi-layer multi-pass files

From: Ton Roosendaal
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Multi-layer multi-pass files
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:35:13 +0100

Hi,

Instead of overloading the "comments" attribute, I would suggest
adding another attribute, for example, a string attribute called
"BlenderMultiChannel".  This would leave the comments attribute
available for actual comments.

I guess for your scheme, only the presence of the BlenderMultiChannel
attribute would matter for now, but you could use it to store
additional information in the future.

Good idea, will do.

If others will do the same (like "AdobeMultiChannel"), and post here how they construct the layer/channel names, we might have a good start of some kind of interchangeable format!

-Ton-

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -- Ton Roosendaal Blender Foundation address@hidden http://www.blender.org