[Openexr-devel] Request for testing

From: Drew Hess
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Request for testing
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 19:29:11 -0800 (PST)

Hey all,

If you're currently using OpenEXR and you're familiar with CVS, I'd love
to get some feedback on the upcoming release (1.0.7), which is now checked
into the CVS tree at GNU Savannah.

Here's how you get the CVS source:

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/openexr login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/openexr co OpenEXR

When the "login" command asks you for a password, just hit the Enter key.

Then read README.CVS for instructions on how to build in GNU/Linux, IRIX,
OS X, or any other UNIX-like OS.  If you're using Windows, you can load
the Visual C++ projects in vc/vc{6,7}.

Let me know if you have problems building or using this version of
OpenEXR.  I'm especially interested to hear from Win32 and OS X
developers.  Everything looks cool on GNU/Linux on my end.

If all goes well, I'll officially release this version as 1.0.7 in a few
days.  I recommend that you wait for the official release before you ship
any apps with this new version of OpenEXR, just in case something is
currently broken.

The main change to 1.0.7 is support for some new "standard" attributes.
These were developed with the help of Greg Ward and Joseph Goldstone.
They specify primary and white point chromaticities, absolute luminance,
and camera settings, among other things.  See ImfStandardAttributes.h for
details on how to use them and what they mean.  These attributes are
optional (i.e. OpenEXR applications should still work if they're not
present), but if you're generating OpenEXR images and have data to fill
them, we recommend that you use them.

thanks
-dwh-