Re: [Openexr-devel] Request for testing

From: joseph
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Request for testing
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 12:46:37 -0800

On Dec 2, 2003, at 11:57 AM, Drew Hess wrote:

README.CVS tells you do to that, which I did include in the directions.

Doh! I cheated and looked in the goat book for the appropriate incantation.

I should have put that at the top of the email, I guess.

Your README.CVS also includes this tidbit:

Note that the configure.ac file requires a fairly new version of
automake.  If you get this error message:

running aclocal ...
aclocal: configure.ac: 142: macro `AM_CFLAGS' not found in library
aclocal: configure.ac: 143: macro `AM_CXXFLAGS' not found in library
failed!

you should upgrade your automake to version 1.7.

I didn't see that message, running Mac OS X 10.3.≥1, but check this out:

Cloudbase:~/src/ilm/OpenEXR-1.0.7 joseph$ automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.6.3
Written by Tom Tromey <address@hidden>.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Cloudbase:~/src/ilm/OpenEXR-1.0.7 joseph$

Does that suggest 1.6.7 is sufficient?

Or does that suggest that something bad might have happened that contaminated the configure script or its output? As discussed [I think off the list], the 'make check' ran OK.

Perhaps others compiling 1.0.7 on OS X 10.3.1 or greater could look for those AM_CFLAGS and AM_CXXFLAGS warnings, as a second opinion? I might have some weird compile environment on this machine.

It would be good to understand this admittedly minor issue before general release and update the warning if appropriate.

--joseph