om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] Re: configure: error: cannot run C++ compiled programs.

From: Lars Luthman
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] Re: configure: error: cannot run C++ compiled programs.
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:52:53 +0200

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 22:26 +1000, Loki Davison wrote:
> For most audio software you'll need pretty recent versions of
> everything, either just build from source or make a package for you're
> distro. I actually use a combination of both, but i'm on mandriva and
> i'm not sure how easy it is to have a mix of self compiled packages
> and distro packages in the system in debian.

There's also checkinstall, which creates a package for your system (RPM,
DEB...) if you run it instead of 'make install'. I use it for everything
I build from source - if a more recent version should appear on the
Mandrake mirrors 'urpmi --autoselect' will automatically install that
one instead. And you don't have to keep the source directory to
uninstall the package.