om-synth

[Om-synth] Re: configure: error: cannot run C++ compiled programs.

From: Loki Davison
Subject: [Om-synth] Re: configure: error: cannot run C++ compiled programs.
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:26:19 +1000

> BTW, should this cause me to worry?
> configure seems to run normally...

> address@hidden:~/om_test1.2.0/newtest/om-synth$ ./autogen.sh
> Generating necessary files...
> /usr/share/aclocal/glib.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of
> AM_PATH_GLIB
>   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
>   or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
> Running autogen.sh in src/clients/gtk...
> Generating necessary files for om_gtk...
> /usr/share/aclocal/glib.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of
> AM_PATH_GLIB
>   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
>   or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
> Running autogen.sh in src/engine...
> Generating necessary files...
> /usr/share/aclocal/glib.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of
> AM_PATH_GLIB
>   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
>   or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
>
> address@hidden:~/om_test1.2.0/newtest/om-synth$

Summary, no and no. No you can't use 0.18 and no you shouldn't worry
about that ;-)
For most audio software you'll need pretty recent versions of
everything, either just build from source or make a package for you're
distro. I actually use a combination of both, but i'm on mandriva and
i'm not sure how easy it is to have a mix of self compiled packages
and distro packages in the system in debian.

Loki