RE: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re: mxe-install

From: John D
Subject: RE: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re: mxe-installer try 2]
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 13:11:19 -0400

>From changes committed in yesterday, I can compile dependencies up to
qrupdate.
I had been able to get up to trying to compile octave previously, but
suddenly it is failing when untaring qrupdate (which is something I haven't
changed very recently):

cd '/home/jdonoghue/mxe-octave2/tmp-qrupdate' &&  tar xzf
'/home/jdonoghue/mxe-octave2/pkg/qrupdate-1.1.2.tar.gz'
tar: Archive value 121173 is out of uid_t range 0..65535
tar: Archive value 121173 is out of uid_t range 0..65535
tar: Archive value 121173 is out of uid_t range 0..65535
tar: Archive value 121173 is out of uid_t range 0..65535

Skipping, qrupdate, other packages untar etc ok, so I am assuming there is
something wrong with the qrupdate tarball that is downloaded from the
website - I tried on 2 computers with the same issue.
Anyone else see the same thing when doing a native mingw, and anyone have
any ideas?