RE: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re: mxe-install

From: John D
Subject: RE: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re: mxe-installer try 2]
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 19:49:30 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: John W. Eaton [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 7:47 PM
To: John D
Cc: address@hidden; 'Clemens Buchacher'; 'Philip Nienhuis'
Subject: Re: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re:
mxe-installer try 2]

On 06/10/2013 07:30 PM, John D wrote:

> I think the only one I changed so that it compiled statically only was
> ncurses, which from memory displayed an error  saying it couldn't
> compile as a shared, and I couldn't get it to  work except as a static
lib.
> If you can get it to work, then go for it!

For now, I changed the list of dependencies for readline to use termcap
instead of ncurses.  That seems to work.

> I did add installs of  static libs for a couple of the libraries that
> only installed the dynamic library (or nothing)
>
> Did you have any problems with qrupdate and tar?
> I have found a workaround for  it, to use cpio instead of tar for the
> ming build if we need to ogo that route.

I didn't see a problem with extracting the qrupdate tar file, but there was
a build failure because the configure script was failing to find the BLAS
library.  I fixed that by adding LDFLAGS=... to the configure command line.

jwe

I will retry a new build - maybe the issue has gone.

What version of tar is your system using?