Re: Octave3.6.0_gcc4.6.2 mingw binaries for testing

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Octave3.6.0_gcc4.6.2 mingw binaries for testing
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 07:04:23 +0900 (JST)

Hello Nitzan

> Could you please describe how you built the binaries? and the patches needed
> to build the octave-forge packages? I tried a few myself but got build
> errors. I conclude that you have more insight, it would be nice if you could
> share that.
> I think I have asked this question before.....

In the above, who did you indicate by "you" ?

I do not have enough knowledge to make the octave-forge package so that "you"
do not indicate "me".

Anyway, the way of creating octave binary itself is written in
Readme_octave-3.6.0.txt
http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win/

The patch is in http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?33798
CTRL_CLOSE_EVENT.diff

Other modifications are to avoid errors from gnulib faults(?) on MinGW.
  #inculde <unistd.h>

  #inculde <unistd.h>
  #inculde <unistd.h>

  The above modification is required for liboctave/oct-env.cc, src/lex.cc,
  src/oct-hist.cc, src/sighandlers.cc, and src/sysdep.cc

That's all the fix the code for the build.
Build commands are written in 'Readme_octave-3.6.0.txt'.

Regards

Tatsuro