Re: Octave3.6.0_gcc4.6.2 mingw binaries for testing

From: nitnit
Subject: Re: Octave3.6.0_gcc4.6.2 mingw binaries for testing
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 01:05:32 -0800 (PST)

Sorry about this site. Multiupload.com which I have used before, didn't
function very well during recent weekend.

Regarding the packages, most of the patches I have applied are due to minor
problems in the make/configure scripts (mostly missing LDFLAGS) which are
probably specific to windows mingw environment. Since I am not an expert
with such scripts I do not know how to make the patches properly in a way
that they will still be compatible with other systems. This is the reason I
didn't applied them to the svn.

It is still in my tasks list to improve the way these patches are documented
and to post them to the OF mailing lists so that the packages maintainers
will fix these issues properly.

BTW the upload site you used is a rather nasty one. One should click the
tiny "download" button at the bottom of the web page, not the big one next
to the archive name as that will lead one to a download manager (perhaps
riddled with malware, I obviously didn't try).
To me this site looks extremely deceiving (on purpose I'd say).
In addition my desktop got littered with several pop-up windows that managed
to bypass by browser's pop-up blocker.

It may be a lot better if you could get permission to upload your 7z files
to octave-forge directly, or use dropbox or so.

Could you please describe how you built the binaries? and the patches needed
to build the octave-forge packages? I tried a few myself but got build
errors. I conclude that you have more insight, it would be nice if you could
share that.
I think I have asked this question before.....