nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] I really need the SELECTED_LANGUAGE

From: Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] I really need the SELECTED_LANGUAGE
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 12:18:13 +0100

Garikoitz Araolaza wrote:

Sorry, but I've found that I need information about language negotiation even with "a priori" non localizable objects.

For example:

- I run an Squishdot site for news. News are not necessarily the same for two language visitors. So, I created Squishdot subjects with the ISO code of each language, so that:

<dtml-in "Squishdot()(subject=SELECTED_LANGUAGE)">

would return news of a given language.

So I need to know which is the preferred language of the user, even if the Squishdot Site isn't a localizable object in my case.

- Launching search to a ZCatalog.

I used the expression:

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('body_'+SELECTED_LANGUAGE, term)">
<dtml-in Catalog.....)

So that search would be performed in the right index of the catalog.

How could I do it with the new Localizer version? should I use the new locale folders?

Suppose you use the CVS, and you have a "Localizer" instance in the root of
your web site. Create a Python script within the "Localizer" instance, call
it "selected_language", add it *at the end* of the property "accept_methods".
The content of the script will be:

 request = self.REQUEST
 available_languages = container.get_available_languages()
 default_language = container.get_default_language()
selected_language = accept_language.select_language(available_languages) or default_language
 request.set('SELECTED_LANGUAGE', selected_language)

This way you will have again SELECTED_LANGUAGE as before, and won't need
to modify your code.

--
J. David Ibáñez, Nuxeo.com
Python programmer (http://www.python.org)