nuxeo-localizer

general roadmap [was: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] ZWiki internationalization]

From: Myroslav Opyr
Subject: general roadmap [was: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] ZWiki internationalization]
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 09:37:11 +0200

Juan David Ibáñez Palomar wrote:

Hi all, and specially to Simon, who is considering to use Localizer to internationalize ZWiki.

Hi,

I'm erlativrly new to this maillist but some questions I'd like to clear from the very beginning...

Modifications of .py code, which is partr of Zope or part of Products involves extremely uneffective use of human resources.

I.1) Someone modifies .py code to make it i18nable.
I.2) Someone localizes messages.

II) Someone do the same because he urgently need localized product

III) Another one is localizing set of products because his company want to have them for dispozal in close future.

In short time new version of product appeas ZWiki 1.0.

And those who need extra features of 1.0 are repeating i18n again.

Isn't it waste of resources. What is EuroZope opinion about this? If Zope includes some generic interface to internationalization itself then our life would become just simple. We should push it as a component into their Component Architecture. i18n of Zope itself could be done by ZC easily. And i18n contributions to Products (such as ZWiki) would become a part of CVS really soon. Then everyone will benefit from that efforts. If somone want to use ZBabel - let him do that. If Localizer - excellent, but this should be transparent. And thus I see contacting EuroZope and ZC really important. Sorry if all this was proposed before and this message is redundant. Then I'd ask you to give me some dirtections (URLs) to discussions regarding the issue.

With best regards,

Myroslav
--
Myroslav Opyr