nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] How to use localizer

From: Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] How to use localizer
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:20:31 +0100

Yes, this is a problem with the tutorial, it isn't a tutorial. I've
to add a quick start.

The product provides several Zope classes, one of them is named
as the product, "Localizer". This name is quite unfortunate because
logically it's the first one that people tries; however, usually it's
the last one you'll need (if you need it at all).

The most common way to start is with a MessageCatalog, to test it
follow these steps:

 1. Create a MessageCatalog instance (the id could be "msg")

 2. Go to the management interfaces of the message catalog,
     go to the tab languages and add the languages you want.

 3. Create a DTML method named "test_msg"

 4. In the DTML method type

       <dtml-var "msg('Hello world!')">

 5. View the DTML method

 6. Go to the management screens of the message catalog, provide
     translations to the message "Hello world!"

 7. View again the DTML method, change the language configuration
     of your browser and reload the page to see how the message changes.

 8. Edit again the DTML method and add:

       <dtml-var "msg.changeLanguageForm()">

 9. View again the DTML method and use the selection box to change
     the language.

It's possible to easily internationalize existing web sites with the message
catalog.

Perhaps you also would like to use other classes like "LocalContent", there's
a step by step example of LocalContent somewhere in the online tutorial.

The problem you had with the "Localizer" class is easy to solve, you just
needed to go to the management screens with the path "/Z/manage" (the "Z"
is important). If you have any other problem ask to the mailing list, I or
somebody else will help you. However, I suggest not to use the Localizer
class for now (unless you really need it), it will change in the next version.

Robert Rottermann wrote:

Hi there,
I installed the localizer product, and went trough the tutorial.
Unfortunately I did not find how to use Localizer.

I added it to the root but the all my entries vanished and I had to revert
to a backup.

Thank you for your time.

Robert
www.redcor.ch